It is crazy to think how far marketing has come. Marketing has gone from simply telling someone about a product to spending billions of dollars every year. Check out these 15 insane facts about marketing:
1. 7% of Americans have never heard of Facebook.
Never heard of Facebook?! Sounds impossible, right? But what’s even crazier is that 93% of Americans HAVE heard of Facebook.
2. Most “food” in advertising isn’t the same food as you ordered.
No hamburger you have ordered ever turned out like the one in the ad, and there is a reason why. Most of the food in advertisements is inedible. At least you can lower your expectations next time you go through a drive-through!
3. Mobile video is the fastest growth sector in marketing.
With the increase in mobile and video usage, it’s no surprise that mobile video is the fastest growing sector in marketing!
4. Half of mobile banner clicks are unintentional.
Look at the glass half full, 50% of the people that clicked on the banner were not planning on it. Any traffic is good traffic!
5. On average, an American spends 2 hours a day on social media.
That is 2 hours a day you have a chance to reach your target market. So make sure you have a presence on social media.
6. Pharmaceutical companies spend twice as much on marketing and advertising as they do on research.
This one might make you cringe, but if they can’t sell the product, there is no point in spending money on the research. Let’s just hope they spend enough on their research!
7. If an email can’t be read on a smartphone, 75% of consumers will delete it.
The world has gone mobile, and if your email has not, then you have a lot higher chance of getting deleted. Make sure your email can be read on all devices to increase the chances of getting being read.
8. You can increase the chance of being retweeted by 150% by adding an image.
If you want to stand out from the competition, post an image that will catch your viewer’s attention.
9. There are 3.5 billion google searches per day.
If you think that is next to impossible, make it a goal to count the number of times a day you conduct a Google search. You’d be surprised how often you rely on Google to solve an answer.
10. Blogs are 63% more likely to influence purchase decisions than magazines.
People trust other people, and even though several bloggers get paid to use products, their opinion appears more genuine than a magazines. So keep that in mind the next time someone writes a review about your company.
11. After the first 90 seconds of a video you will lose over half of your audience.
People get bored, so get to the point. Make your point right away and don’t lose your audience in a wordy video.
12. Consumers who receive email marketing spend 83% more.
Did someone say sale? The more information the consumer has about an upcoming promotion, the more likely they will increase their spending.
13. Viewers retain 58% of what the see and only 10% of what they read.
You can blame skim-reading on this one. People don’t read a paragraph word-for-word and they miss a lot in plain text. So if you have something important to say, make a video!
14. Adding videos to your website makes you 50 times more likely to land on the first page of Google.
Can you see a theme? Videos are the up and coming in marketing. So if you want to stay ahead of the trend increase the amount of videos you use.
15. Average ROI in marketing is $44.25 for every dollar spent.
If you are hovering around the average ROI in marketing, then you are doing pretty good! A great product is only great if people know it exists. So make sure you are cutting info of a budget for marketing!
Have you heard of any of these facts, or do you have some of your own? We’d love to hear about them below!