Position: Full Time – 40 hours
Reports to: President
Proof Digital is an Indianapolis-based Digital Marketing firm that works with customers to customize the best and most effective mix of online marketing services – from PPC and email campaigns to SEO-based responsive websites – to drive measurable results that ultimately move the needle and increase sales.
Proof Digital’s Business Development Manager is responsible for developing, generating and growing new digital marketing business, creating innovative online marketing sales plans and exhibiting expertise in digital marketing solutions. This includes selling website development, SEO, SEM, PPC, social media, online reputation management, ecommerce services and more.
Selling of these services will be done nationally, with a local focus on Indianapolis.
The position demands an entrepreneurial minded individual with high energy and strong motivation to sell. All sales will fall directly to the Business Development Manager, with mid to end-of-cycle support from the owner of the company. The Business Development Manager is expected to do the front-end heavy lifting by creating target lists, maintaining a daily discipline of prospect outreach and “cold calling”, follow-up on digital leads and finding opportunities to network despite the obvious challenges with COVID-19. While you will have the opportunity to participate in the entire sales process, you will be the only team member with prospecting responsibilities, so this will need to be where you spend the majority of your time, and probably what you enjoy most.
The Proof Digital team has moved to being fully remote. No one will be looking over your shoulder every day to make sure you are accountable to activities. You need to be self-driven and able to effectively manage the responsibilities of the role with little direction. While the Proof team is all remote, they do work quite well together and maintain a high degree of team-connectedness. You will be provided with many resources across the team to train and get up to speed on products and services and receive direct support from the owner.
In a nutshell, we are looking for candidates with a proven track record of success driving revenue (e.g., ability to capture and close the deal), fierce work ethic, excellent communication skills and understanding of digital marketing, mobile, ecommerce and SEO advertising solutions.
- Strong new business development skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities; demonstrated time management skills.
- Need to be a proactive self-starting individual with strong attention to detail and able to work autonomously without direct supervision.
- Prospect new business and generate new online marketing sales revenue. Create effective and persuasive proposals.
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual online marketing sales quotas. Excellent presentation, negotiation and customer relationship skills.
- Maintain an active schedule of prospecting calls.
- Cold-call prospects that are generated from assigned accounts and leads.
- Upselling of solutions in large accounts and thus maximize revenue.
- Educate clients about a company’s products or services in order to increase sales.
- Generate new business leads for all service lines and manage the initial stages of the sales cycle.
- Identify decision-makers within your account book to begin the sales process.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date pipeline and forecasts. (We like increasing numbers!).
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely and productive manner, identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Researching trends and creating new opportunities to increase sales.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of products and services, and innovating new ways to serve businesses.
- 3+ years of experience in an inside sales role or role with heavy prospecting responsibility, with proven b2b sales experience in a related product or service.
- Understanding of digital marketing space and related industries, and ability to innovate new ways the product can serve customers.
- Experience working in a CRM – Active Campaign or SharpSpring is a plus!
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred marketing, communications, business or a related field.
- Passion and understanding for digital marketing and social media is required.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Strong written communication skills.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Team Player.
- Able to work in remote work settings.
- Excellent organizational skills to meet goals and set priorities.