In 2017, studies estimated a 17% annual increase in spending money on marketing automation until 2023. This expected growth was pegged on the need for companies to increase their efficiency and effectiveness.
Best Marketing Automation Practices for 2020
Now, 75% of businesses use marketing automation tools, and 40% of the remaining are willing to adopt the technology. Analyzing the incorporation of marketing automation in companies reveals that the success of the process partly relies on the following practices;
- Understanding the audience – create personas and engage staff members to understand the needs of the target market.
- Simple objectivity – establish a baseline of performance where you gauge progress. Start small and let data dictate areas of optimization. For this to be effective, you should engage different departments, including marketing and finance.
- Always validate leads – numbers are bound to increase after adopting marketing automation. Ensure that they are indicative of possible leads by having real-time conversations as they reveal the behavior of prospective clients.
Ideal Marketing Automation Platforms
As of 2020, 49% of marketing leaders use marketing automation as a one-stop-shop solution for repetitive activities. Now, they can execute ideas, analyze progress, and measure success using this technology, thus saving on cost and time. Some of the online tools that enable this include;
- HubSpot – it caters for diverse marketing needs, including increasing site traffic, lead generation, and conversions. HubSpot caters to small and big businesses, and is compatible with CRMs making it ideal for integration.
- MailChimp – known for its savviness in email marketing, MailChimp is one of the leading choices for small and big businesses. The platform offers a free package, but there are extra perks for advanced subscriptions. Some of the additional perks include reports, landing pages, templates, and ads.
- ActiveCampaign – this is ideal for small businesses looking to generate more leads, drive conversions, by providing custom content and tracking and scoring data. The platform is affordable and allows marketers to customize features. ActiveCampaign integrates with other marketing automation tools.