Companies are moving their businesses online rather than store fronts or brick-and-mortar locations. They know they need a thriving e-commerce business model to be successful. They also know that you have to work at driving traffic and ultimately sales in the digital world.
Efforts to bring traffic to your store through ecommerce marketing will bring sales, and sales will bring you more traffic. Likewise, you need to be making sales first before you can provide great customer support to those shopping on your site and before you can decide on your brand’s unique voice.
If you can’t make sales, you’re finished before you’ve even really got started.
There are multiple factors that help run a successful ecommerce business:
Table of Contents
Top eCommerce Trends
Is your business online oriented? Are you worried about how to reach your customers and give them a real-life shopping experience? You need an ecommerce strategy that will drive sales in a digital world.
The world of ecommerce will not stop growing anytime soon. Every year the innovativeness and creativity have made the industry both scary and exciting. Many businesses are now able to face new challenges that previously would have been an enigma.
A few trends to stay ahead of for your ecommerce business:
- Video Promotions
- Social commerce
Starting Your Ecommerce Store
You only need a secure ecommerce infrastructure to run the business. If you still do not have an online store for your business, it is time to do so. However, it can be overwhelming to know where and how to start.
Here are three useful tips that can help you:
- Find a niche
- Create your store with an ecommerce website designer
- Market your store
How to Get Repeat Buyers for Your Ecommerce Website
Many ecommerce businesses focus on getting new customers rather than getting repeat customers, which should be the case. It is more cost-effective to get a repeat buyer than it is to get a new customer.
How do you ensure that you get repeat customers for your business?
Elements of a Successful Multichannel Selling Strategy
If you are looking forward to expanding your business, maybe you need to reach out to new channels. However, you can’t do this without a strategy. All you need is to embrace a multichannel strategy, but you need to understand it to do it right.
What Defines a Successful Multichannel Marketing Strategy?
Being present in various places, such as social networks, search engines, TV, radio, and blogs, is not enough.
Below are five factors that determine if the strategy is successful or not:
- Whether the selected channel enhances brand awareness.
- How well the message resonates with the prospective buyers.
- Consistency of the message.
- The level of engagement.
- The experience that consumers get from the multiple sales channels
Benefits of Multichannel Selling
As ecommerce gets more popular, more brands are joining online shopping sites and using them as their primary retailers. This might be good for the websites providing the platform, but it’s a nightmare for the individual brands. How so? With all the other competing brands selling on the same platform, it’s harder for your brand to capture the customer’s attention.
Let’s look at some reasons why you should consider selling on multiple channels:
- Increased Revenue
- More Customer Data
- Diverse Customer Base
- Better Customer Experience
What the Ecommerce Industry Should Expect in 2021 Amid the Pandemic
Are you thinking of expanding your ecommerce business during this Coronavirus pandemic? Understand that you need proper planning and the right execution, especially during 2021. There is no doubt that the ecommerce trends driven by the Coronavirus pandemic are here to stay, and you need to start adapting your business.
To understand how Coronavirus will impact ecommerce in 2021, you need to look at the emerging trends.
Here is a quick look at some of the trends that are expected to last way beyond 2021.
- Video Promotions
- Social commerce
Product Ecommerce Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Is SEO important for my products and online store?
SEO is a critical necessity for ecommerce websites. Your products need to rank higher (on Google and other search engines) than your competitors. In addition to ranking high, your products and online store need to display the right way so potential customers can find the products they need in the SERPs (search engine result page) and choose your site to click on.
How can you improve your ecommerce SEO?
It is important to put together an SEO checklist for your website and prioritize. Here are some tactics you can take advantage of to improve your online store’s visibility.
- Install Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Google Analytics allows you to better understand user behavior on your site and where website traffic is coming from.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you submit your sitemap to Google Search Console. This will allow Google to crawl your website…which results quicker visibility on search engine results.
- Keyword Research – Analyze your website content, and identify keywords that are relevant to your business.
- Ahrefs and SEMrush are great tools for measuring keyword data and identifying related keywords.
- Important metrics to pay attention to are
- Search Volume (How many monthly searches a specific keyword gets)
- Keyword Difficulty: How competitive and difficult a keyword is to rank for
- Cost per click: How expensive a specific keyword is for paid search advertising campaigns (Google Adwords)
- Competitive Density: The level of competition between advertisers bidding on a given keyword within their PPC campaigns.
Need Help Getting It Done?
Proof Digital has a team of experienced marketers and designers that have built successful ecommerce websites and grow their online revenue. Check out our case studies to learn more, or…